6.1.14

It's been a while since I last time posted on my blog. A lot happens after my trip to Canada with Olov and Sam. I had an important event in my life on the 1st of February 2013. I finally successfully finished and defended my Ph.D. I was really happy to see my father and many of my friends at my public defense. Thanks to all who came to support me! It was also an amazing party after!


Another major event in my life was begging of my working experience directly after my Ph.D. I started to work as an engineer in small swiss company Omnisens SA, based in Morges. 
With all these changes in my life I didn't forget about climbing. I was looking very much forward to spending time rock climbing during summer and was preparing for the season. On one of my business trips to Scotland  in May I went training to the climbing gym. I didn't know well my new climbing partner and on one of the routes while leading 7c I fell on one of the last moves. He wasn't paying enough attention to my fall and couldn't take a rope, so I had a 13 m free fall straight on the floor. Afterwards usual procedure: a lot of pain, ambulance, hospital, medical check, transport to Switzerland with REGA jet, operation, and long recovery. That was the end of my rock climbing season 2013. Anyway I don't complain, because I was very lucky to make away with just a few injuries. 
Lesson learned: Never climb with someone you don't know!
If you want to train - do some bouldering or finger boarding. In this case if have an injury - you can blame only yourself for it! :)
I gradually started to come back to climbing only in the end of August. Although it was not enough time to get back in shape for hard rock climbing routes, I had a lot of fun climbing with my family during our vacations in Europe.
Calanque

calanque

calanque

Gorges du Tarn, France

Gorges du Tarn, France

From September I started also with dry tooling and I had many nice sessions with my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment