29.12.14

I've been recently climbing some ice in Colorado, US and I found one piece of apparel very useful. It's Black Diamond access hybrid jacket.
http://blackdiamondequipment.com/en/mens-insulation/m%27s-access-hybrid-jacket-APO66U_cfg.html#start=1
With no exaggeration it was really comfortable to climb some ice, as well hard dry pitches up to D11. Basically on ice, I was using this jacket as a layer under gore-tex jacket, and it worked really good. While climbing I was never sweating and when I was belaying I was warm enough. Of course, if your partner is taking one hour to climb a single pitch you would want to take another jacket for belay, but if you are both strong climbers and move fast, you will hardly be cold with this jacket. In addition, I didn't experience any discomfort in movements. Strongly recommended! 

No comments:

Post a Comment